Construction of the permanent road network in and around High Wycombe Station commenced in early January. Some of the roadworks will be completed within the construction site boundary, however changes to the active road network are also required.
The roadworks, which will take about six months to complete, include:
- upgrade of a section of Dundas Road (north and south of the station)
- a new roundabout at the intersection of Dundas and Maida Vale roads
- a new T-intersection along Maida Vale Road
- a new section of road linking Ibis Place and Sultana Road West
- access roads for buses to the station.
View a map outlining external and internal roadworks.
The following road closure is currently in place:
- Maida Vale Road between Dundas Road and Everitt Place. Access to homes and businesses will remain open to local traffic. Please follow traffic management signage in the area.
While every effort is made to minimise disruption to residents, a range of earthmoving equipment has to be used, and construction noise and some vibration is expected. We apologise for any disruption caused.
The terrazzo flooring at both platform and concourse level of the station has been completed, with cleaning and sealing underway. Inside the station building carpet has been laid, with furniture delivery imminent.
Track laying is underway within the dive structure and along the platforms.
Further north, the 1200-bay multi-deck car park is scheduled to be completed late May, with finishing works such as painting and bollard installation underway.